Friday, March 4, 2011

What Is A Good Desktop Computer

8GB of RAM on the MacBook

few days ago I upgraded the ram to my MacBook withe raising it from 2GB to 8GB, contrary to what is stated by Apple in the technical specifications of the machine, which indicate the maximum amount of 4GB RAM installed, using only two modules of 2gb. I'm testing and "stress" the Mac to try to understand what could be the "any" problems or slowdowns in these cases reported by Apple for its products, to be honest I'm not finding anything abnormal, but a significant increase in performance of the car! The ram I bought is certainly not the official specified by the manufacturer, but a model compatible with the standard DDR3 PC3-8500 1066Mhz 204Pin CL7. I bought them on eBay from a German dealer (there are many) and the cost of each module 4GB and was only € 39.95, to which I added additional € 5 for shipping with registered mail (traceable via Internet ), for a total of € 84.90 . I installed the RAM on your Mac manually disassembled and reassembled without much difficulty. A very different thing than when I did the same thing on my MacMini! If I made this purchase at an Apple center I spent only € 360, including mounting . Basically I give 280 euro to these gentlemen (or, more generally, to Apple) to enable him to pay the costs of advertising their products. Obviously I had documented on various forums before you buy, and all users agree on the real possibility to upgrade to the MacBook 8GB without ever having encountered any problem. There is also a handy tools (called RAM Assistant) that will tell you what is the maximum amount of memory you can install on your Mac can be downloaded from this link . It 's a free small program developed by an Italian dealer in the industry, although I must tell you that its prices are higher than those that buy from many retailers find reliable products on eBay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment